At Panchvati Inn, we strive to deliver outstanding services and experiences around the country. We value your business and, more importantly, your loyalty. We recognize that privacy is an important issue. We have developed this Privacy Statement to explain the practices of Panchvati Inn and its direct and indirect subsidiaries regarding the personal information we collect from you or about you whether on this site, through written or verbal communications with us, information collected when you visit one of our properties, or from other sources.
Also, please note that this Statement does not apply to our processing of personal information on behalf of and subject to the instructions of third parties such as airlines, car rental companies and other service providers, companies that organize or offer packaged travel arrangements, marketing partners, or corporate customers.
Personal Information We Collect
At every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; participation in a membership or loyalty program; (even if you do not stay at one of our hotels); information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, income, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring onto our properties; reviews and opinions about our Portfolio of Brands or properties (if they are identified or associated with you); frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation and member number; hotel, airline and rental car packages booked; groups with which you are associated for stays at hotels; information provided on membership and account applications; information necessary to allow you to take advantage of our App functionality (where available) which allows you to check-in on your mobile device, select your room, receive a room key on your mobile device, and check out on your mobile device; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain from third parties. We may also record details on joint travellers, including their names and frequent flyer numbers, and the age of the driver of the rental car. We may also collect and keep information and records related to conversations, including recording or monitoring customer service calls.
In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- Surveys: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
- On-property Collection: Local laws may require that we collect additional personal information during registration/check-in at our properties. We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our properties that may capture or record images of guests, visitors in public areas and information related to your location while on our properties via keycards and other technologies. We may also use other technologies that record sound or video to protect our staff. In addition, we may collect personal information in connection with on-property services, such as concierge services, activities, child care services and equipment rental.
- Online Accounts: When you register an online account (e.g., as a member of Panchvati Inn), we also ask you to select a username and password.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Panchvati Inn sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. You should understand that you may be subject to the terms and conditions and any privacy policies of the social media site and Panchvati Inn is not responsible for your activities on social media sites.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also infer information about you based on the information you provide to us or from Other Information we receive. (See below for more details about “Other Information.”) We may also collect information about you from third parties, including information from our airline, credit card, and other partners, information from social media sites consistent with your settings on such sites, such as social media sign-on programs, and from third-party sources. We may append this information to the information we have on file for you and share it with others consistent with this Statement.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Panchvati Inn, or which are part of a program you have joined or a purchase you have made. We also use your personal information to provide you with information about the meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes. In addition, we may use your information to: improve Panchvati Inn' services; provide you with the expected level of hospitality; ensure our site, products and services are of interest to you; process enrollments and applications; and facilitate collections. We also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, other marketing communications, product or service awareness marketing, to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws and other contests. We may provide these communications online, via email, telephone, mobile/text messaging (including SMS and MMS) and postal mail. We may also aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of data hygiene and analytics.
How We Share Personal Information
As a global company, we endeavour to provide you with the same level of service that you have come to expect at Panchvati Inn wherever you are. To provide this service, we may share your personal information among members of the Panchvati Inn Brand, including franchisees, managed hotels, or service providers that may be located in the country. Panchvati Inn will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Statement.
- Franchised Hotels, Managed Hotels, Timeshare and Fractional Resorts: We may share personal information with owners and operators of franchised hotels, owners of hotels that we manage but do not own, or fractional ownership resorts in order to provide you with services. In addition, when we cease managing a hotel that we do not own, we may provide the hotel's owner with limited information about past or future guests of that hotel.
- Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide products or services and may share your information with our business partners to provide those products or services to you. For example, we may help to arrange the rental car or other services from our business partners and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services.
- On-property Services: We may share personal information with providers of on-property services that provide services such as concierge services, spa treatments or dining experiences.
- Service Providers: We rely on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, credit card billing, reservations services, providing services in connection with our websites, including airline and rental car packages; communicating news and delivering promotional and transactional materials via email, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising; processing credit card transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services; professional services such as accounting, auditing and legal advice; investigating accident reports; processing insurance claims; and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions and customer surveys. Panchvati Inn will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Other: In addition, Panchvati Inn may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Panchvati Inn, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites' terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
We may also aggregate or anonymize personal information (for example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code) or collect demographic data such as date of birth, gender and marital status.
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, such information may be disclosed for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Statement.
The term "sensitive information" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Mobile and Location-Based Services
To book a reservation from a mobile device or one of our apps, you will be required to enter some personal information. We provide mobile apps that can be downloaded to smartphones. These apps have a variety of functionalities that enhance the customer experience. In addition to providing services, our apps may collect personal and Other Information that will be used in accordance with this Statement. We provide a link to this Statement to customers prior to their downloading of any of our apps.
Our mobile apps may use your device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to locate a hotel near you and/or provide you with relevant location-based information. We may also share this information with third parties. We will abide by your device’s settings when accessing any geo-location data. To the extent any geo-location data is combined with personal information, that information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Statement.
For certain properties, we also make available a "virtual concierge" application or may be downloadable to your web-enabled mobile device. Using these applications, you can order services from the hotel, such as room service or valet parking; access our websites; access third-party websites, including local attractions and social media; and book a reservation. To order services from the hotel, you will be required to enter your name and room number, and you can request order confirmation via SMS messaging. If you request SMS confirmation, you will be required to enter your phone number and carrier.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our site and our mobile applications may contain links to third parties' websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Other third-party websites include the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at our hotels, as well as social media sites (such as Facebook and Twitter) on which Panchvati Inn or our properties may have accounts or fan pages where you may be able to post information and materials.
Protecting Personal Information
Panchvati Inn will take reasonable measures to (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of our site. You can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect.